After a long time, a new version of the plugin is finally out.
Mainly, it has improvements in the user interface which help the workflow, plus a couple of additional features and some (minor) bugfixes.
Furthermore, the long-standing issue of the localization under Windows should now be finally solved (and a Windows installer will be available very soon).
By the way, many translations are now very outdated and need to be updated! Please, consider helping with this if you can, thanks.
Here is the full list of new features:
- Added new option: output on new image
- Added new energy functions based on luma instead of brightness
- New edit masks mode:
- Added edit buttons for aux layers
- Switch to smaller, always-on-top interface while creating/editing aux layers
- Added info icons for aux layers
- Added text to some buttons
- No longer use extra layers to create the image thumbnail (this means no more "flashing" in the layers toolbox when staring the plugin or creating a new aux layer)
- Modified behaviour to make it more consistent:
- After creating/editing aux layers the focus goes back to the layer which is to be rescaled
- If an aux layer is deleted during or between sessions, it is not substitued by another one, and the corresponding setting is made inactive
- Pressing "Back" in the interactive dialog saves the plugin values for later recalls
- Bugfix: finally fixed Windows localization
- Bugfix: fixed some minor issues arising when working on a new layer and going back and forth through interactive/non-interactive modes
It now requires GIMP 2.6 and the latest version (0.4.1) of the liblqr library, which you can find here.
Go get it from the Download page!