After quite a while, the new version of the plugin is out. It requires GIMP 2.4 or 2.6 and the latest version of the liblqr library, which you can find here (not needed by Windows users).
List of new features:
- Faster core engine, reduced memory requirements (see the news for the library release for more details)
- Introduced rigidity masks: rigidity can now be restricted to some image areas
- Added GAP support for animations: liquid rescale your videos for fun and profit!!!1!
- Introuced left-right/top-bottom balance
- Now discard masks are ignored by default when enlarging (but there's an option to go back to the previous behaviour)
- Added “reset” and “revert to last used values” buttons for the size, and an overall “reset” button
- The dialog now comes up with the last used values for the size, too (useful when doing tests and undoing many times)
- Added info icons
- Added russian help page!
Go get it from the Download page!
Note #1: (mainly for package maintainers) since the plugin development is now rather stable, the versioning system has changed: no “revision” will be applied any more to the tar file, micro version will be incremented instead. This applies to the liblqr library as well.
Note #2: as you may read in the library release notes, the liblqr can now handle images with a deeper colour depth than 8 bits per pixel. However, GIMP still works on 8-bits-per-pixel images, so the plugin doesn't exploit this capability yet.